At Sports Booker, we know that you care how your personal information is used and we appreciate that you trust us to do that carefully and sensibly.
Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses), as well as any other personal information relating to you or a third party that you supply to us.
We collect your information in two ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, when you register for any features on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, mobile application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
a) work out how many times our site has been visited
b) record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site
c) understand the effectiveness of our email communications.
We may from time to time supply this data to third parties in an anonymised form for uses in connection with our site.
We and our group companies may use your personal information to process your online purchases, to inform you about products and services offered by us and our group companies, to improve the products and services offered to you, for market research purposes, for marketing, statistical or analytical purposes, and otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers. We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent.
In particular, we may use your information to:
- contact you with more information on our products and services and those of our group companies, except where you have told us not to
- inform you of activities on our site
- invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and prize draws and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums.
We also use personal information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified by name) to build marketing profiles, audit how our sites are used, and to help with the strategic development of our sites.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our sites (including discussions, bulletin boards and forums).
We will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email. Some Sports Booker sites also provide contact details you may use if you want to contact us by email, post or telephone in order to unsubscribe. In addition, some Smart sites have a “My Account” page where you can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us.
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information. In particular, provided your browser accepts Secure Sockets Layer encryption, we seek to protect your payment information against unauthorised access through a secure server. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information. We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of our site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share personal information with the third parties listed below. Because the internet is a global environment, you accept and agree that this will include the transfer of your personal information to other countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area which may not have the same data protection laws as the UK. We may share your personal information:
- with our group companies or any entity which acquires any part of our business
- with our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites)
- with third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default
- if required or permitted by law
- with relevant third parties (such as your employer, your school, your internet service provider, law enforcement agencies) if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (e.g. if you have posted defamatory content on our sites)
- with other third parties with your consent.
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our Site or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.